I am a linguist and software engineer. I have done research on the syntax of Indo-European languages, in particular Latin, using formal and computational methods.
Areas of interest
- Lexical-functional grammar
- Latin syntax
- Syntax and semantics of control and binding
- Formal theories of syntactic change
- Treebanks and NLP techniques for historical languages
- Syntacticus: a treebank of early Indo-European languages, in collaboration with Dag Haug, Hanne Eckhoff and many others.
- The Cambridge Online Survey of World Englishes, in collaboration with Bert Vaux.